In partnership with Sacred Brooklyn
July 18th -August 7th, 2017
etymology: willa = pleasure/desire/choice + cuma = guest
We appreciate that you have many choices when it comes to a yoga teacher training. How to choose? We encourage you to dig deep, to the heart of your desire. Ask us questions. Take our classes. Survey your options. But mostly listen closely for the answers to be revealed from within. You’ll know.
That’s what we teach. In this guide, is the practical information – the nuts and bolts of Sacred’s training. The vision, the passion, the dream, the intuitive pull – is within you. For today, consider yourself a guest at this banquet of possibility.
We promise to give you the tools to unearth the yoga teacher that already lives within. We are: one part practical: discipline, practice, technique and one part woo-woo: mystical, mystery, magic. We value generosity of spirit, compassion, accessibility, expression, connection, curiosity and unlimited potential. Above all we value the SACRED in everything.
It won’t be easy. The commitment is substantial. But what completely amazing, game-changing life events are?
Welcome to Sacred’s 2017 Summer Mexico Teacher Training Intensive: The Authenticity Class
We strongly suggest you submit the application as soon as possible to secure your spot. Our class size is intentionally small to guarantee individualized attention. If you are accepted into the program, the application fee will be included in your tuition price. If you are not accepted into the program or are accepted but opt not to join, your application fee will not be refunded.
Applications can be submitted online at www.sacredbrooklyn.com/teacher- training The $100 application must be paid online, by phone or at the front desk to be considered.
We will let you know by email within 2 weeks of your application submission, whether or not you are accepted.
• A minimum of 8 months consistent yoga practice
• A commitment to attend ALL program sessions and complete ALL homework • If you are not a regular practitioner at our studio, we require an informal
interview so we can get to know each other. Please go to www.sacredbrooklyn.com/teacher-training and click on “contact a program advisor” to schedule.
Staff + Support
Director of Teacher Training: Stephanie Battle, E-RYT Founder and Proprietress: Dara Cole, E-RYT
Teacher Training Assistant: TBA
Online Anatomy Fundamentals Course with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
Sacred is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with the Yoga Alliance. The Yoga Alliance is a nationally recognized organization that registers yoga teachers and schools that meet set standards. Upon successful completion of the Sacred Vinyasa Yoga Flow 200 hour Teacher Training, we recommend you register with The Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). For more information about the Yoga Alliance, please go to www.yogalliance.org
Areas of Study
- Techniques + Training + Practice
- Asana + Pranayama + Meditation
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy + Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy
- Lifestyle + Ethics
- Subtle Body + Chakra Systems
- Personal Growth + Transformation
Types of payment accepted:
Credit, Cash, and Personal Checks
All monies including application fee, tuition and accommodations must be paid in full by July 18th
Application Fee: $100
Regular Tuition: $2800
Early Bird Tuition: $2400 (Tuition and accommodation paid in full by 6/1/17)
Accommodations at the Present Moment Retreat Center
Shared Occupancy (Double or Triple Bungalow) $1900
Single Occupancy $2575 (Single Bungalow)
Teacher Training Assistant:
We will offer one TTA position for this training. The TTA tuition is $3000 ($1100 for training + $1900 for shared housing) and can be paid with a Flexible Payment Plan. TTAs can expect to work approximately 20 hours in preparation of the training at open houses, preparing and packing manuals, participating in social media etcetera, about 1 hour per day during the course of the training, and about 20 hours following. Applications accepted online at http://sacredbrooklyn.com/teachertraining/tta
Payment + Refund Policies:
1. $100 non-refundable application fee required
2. Upon acceptance $500 non-refundable tuition deposit required to enroll
3. In case of cancellation, all refunds minus the $600 non-refundable application fee and enrollment deposit must be requested a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start date.
4. There are no refunds beyond 2 weeks prior to the program start date.
Tuition with Accommodation Includes:
- Lodging accommodations of your choice at Present Moment, a beautiful boutique hotel and retreat center
- Present Moment’s housekeeping services, linens, pool, hot tub, beach access, etc.
- Three incredibly delicious gourmet mostly vegetarian meals daily – drinking water, coffee, tea, and fresh juices. We will do our best to accommodate specialty diets. Please note any specialty dietary needs within the application.
- Comprehensive Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training with Stephanie Battle, E-RYT and Dara Cole, E-RYT that will successfully prepare you to teach.
- Sacred Teacher Training Manual
- 180 Contact Hours in Mexico and 20-30 hours online hours from the comfort of your own home. These include access to an online anatomy course, Sacred’s homework portal, and outside observation and teaching requirements.
- 2 months of practice at Sacred Brooklyn. If you live locally, these months can be used just before or following the training. If you live outside of the area, you can utilize your complimentary membership months when you visit. We hope you’ll visit.
- Upon successful completion of all the requirements, a certificate from Sacred Brooklyn’s Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS) which enables you to register as a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga TeacherTuition Does Not Include:
- Airfare to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH)
- Approximately $100 in required reading materials. The reading list will be made available upon enrollment. Books available for purchase online
- Tuition for 3 Off-Site Yoga classes following the teacher training.Classes range between $15 and $25
- Ground transportation from the Airport to Present Moment Retreat
- Travel Insurance (Recommended)
Schedule + Attendance Requirements
Sample Day: In order to meet Yoga Alliance standards and fully prepare you to teach, each day will be full and attendance will be mandatory at all sessions. Lateness and absences will be tracked closely in order to meet Yoga Alliance standards.
A typical day will go something like this: 6am – 7am Morning Asana
7am – 8am Free
8am – 9am Breakfast
9am – 12pm Lecture (Philosophy, Anatomy, Teaching Methodology, etc) 12pm-1pm Lunch
1pm-2pm Free Time
2pm – 5pm Posture Clinic
5pm – 6pm Practice Teach
6pm – 7pm Evening Asana
7pm – 8pm Dinner
8pm – Free time or personal study
Sundays will be a half day.
Additionally you will be responsible for approximately 20-30 hours of online and independent coursework scheduled remotely at your convenience within 3 months of completing teacher training.
Travel and Accommodations
Your final destination is the Present Moment Retreat Center in Troncones Mexico. To get there, you will arrive at Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH). Troncones Beach is a small, recently-developed community situated on some 3 miles of pristine Pacific beach – a strand of white sand punctuated by occasional rock outcroppings often harboring tidepools teeming with fascinating saltwater life. Don’t worry, once accepted we will provide you with everything you know for a safe and easeful arrival in paradise.
For more information visit Sacred’s website or please email all questions to Stephanie Battle, Program Director. Even if you aren’t sure quite what your question is, ask anyway firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonials from Teacher Training Graduates