The following questions are answered below. If you have a question that wasn’t answered, enter it in the form at the bottom of the page and we’ll get back to you promptly.
- Is your resort open year round?
- Are your rates seasonal?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are your reservation policies?
- Are your bungalows located on the beach?
- Does the resort accept foreign currency and/or traveler’s checks?
- We want to bring our children – what is there for kids to do?
- Can I make reservations at the last minute?
- How do I get there?
- Are there any safety concerns?
- Do I have to practice Yoga during my stay?
- Can I bring a group to Present Moment?
- What currency/credit cards to you accept?
- What´s the weather like in Troncones?
1. Is your resort open year round?
Yes. Present Moment is open year round. The breathtaking waves of the Pacific Riviera in the summer draw rave reviews from surfers worldwide! The weather is amazing, as evening thunderstorms give way to beautifully sunny days. For those seeking a tranquil experience, our retreat schedule is available as well.
2. Are your rates seasonal?
Yes. From May 25th through October 15th we offer a 30% discount on all packages.
3. What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations require thirty days notice prior to date of arrival for refund, minus 20% restocking fee. After such period, 100% of the deposit will be forfeited for loss of rental opportunity. For Group Retreats, deposit is refundable up to 60 days prior to the retreat start date. A $500 administrative fee will be charged to Group Retreats for cancellations at any time.
4. What are your reservation policies?
Reservations are held pending receipt of 50% deposit; two night minimum stay on weekends. See reservation form for payment options.
5. Are your bungalows located on the beach?
Yes. All ten of our deluxe, thatched roof bungalows are nestled between the mountains and the ocean with spectacular views and breezes, and are all just steps from the beach.
6. Does the resort accept foreign currency and/or traveler’s checks?
Yes. Present Moment Retreat gladly accepts US dollars, Mexican pesos, Int’l traveler’s checks and all major credit cards.
7. We want to bring our children – what is there for kids to do?
By all means, bring the whole family! Present Moment offers a multi-lingual beach school for kids between the ages of 3-8, boogie boards, beginner surfing lessons, yoga, meditation, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, and adventure tours. The restaurant and all bungalows (except for Peace, Serenity, and Joy) are located around the swimming pool, allowing you to relax on your private patio while keeping an eye on your children. We also provide cribs and childcare service.
8. Can I make reservations at the last minute?
Yes. Based upon availability, guests may book last minute reservations if necessary. Please be flexible as we try our best to accommodate short-notice requests.
9. How do I get there?
Present Moment Retreat is 45 minutes from the Zijuatanejo/Ixtapa Airport (ZIH) in a small beach town named Troncones. There is a prepaid taxi stand inside the airport. The service is excellent, safe, and the drivers speak some English and know where Present Moment is. Taxis cost approximately $65 usd. Travel light in body, mind and spirit knowing that all will be wonderful in paradise as soon as you touch down.
10. Are there any safety concerns?
Mexico gets a lot of bad press, but the truth is that Mexico has one of the lowest homicide rates in Latin America. Also, the vast majority of drug-related violence occurs on the border with the US. We have been operating year ’round for 11 years and have never had a problem. Don´t let the sensational media detour you from a visit to paradise!
11. Do I have to practice Yoga while I´m there?
Absolutely not. Present Moment is a place to rest, relax and be yourself. There are two meditation and yoga classes and one qigong class offered daily. You can take as many or as few classes as you want.
12. Can I bring a group to Present Moment?
Yes. We have hosted over 100 group retreats. Check out our Group Retreat Program for more information. You might also want to check out our Calendar page to get an idea of what other retreats visit us throughout the year.
13. What currency/credit cards to you accept?
We accept Mexican Pesos and American Dollars. There is no need to leave Present Moment, we have everything available on-site to make your stay comfortable. If you would like to leave the property and shop in town, most stores around only except Pesos. There is an ATM at the airport and in town. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
14. What is the weather like in Troncones?
If you would like to check local forecasts, Ixtapa is the nearest town with a weather station (Ixtapa Weather). Generally, the temperatures change very little year round, with the lows being 70° (30° C) and the highs being 88° F (35° C). The summers (June – Sept) have more rain and humidity, but the storms are usually intense, short and beautiful, and often pass through at night.